The Bivacco Boarelli is a mountain refuge located at the foot of the south face of Monviso. This spacious and well-equipped refuge is dedicated to Alessandra Boarelli, the first woman to climb Monviso in 1864. In this article, we will give you all the information you need to plan your stay at Bivacco Boarelli and fully enjoy this unique experience by mountain.
📍 Location and access
The Bivacco Boarelli is near the lakes of Forciolline, at an altitude of approximately 2820 meters. It is located in a magnificent mineral setting, facing the Forciolline ridge and the Vallanta valley. To access Bivacco Boarelli, follow the directions below:
🚗 Park at the Castello car park.
- 🥾 Walk about 3h30 following the yellow marks from Berardo path.
- 🏔️ The bivouac is an hour's walk from the Berardo refuge.
- 🏕️ Description and equipment The Bivacco Boarelli is an unguarded mountain refuge, equipped with ecological heating and a glass front. Here are some features of the shelter:
- Capacity: The refuge can accommodate 12 to 14 people, with mattresses and blankets.
- Rooms: The building is divided into several rooms, including a first room with two beds, a second room with ten beds, and a ladder leading to an attic room that can accommodate seven people with thin floor mats.
- Kitchen: The bivouac has two folding tables with stools.